I just realized it’s been over two weeks since I made a food post and for that I apologize. In my mind I thought it was 1 week tops. Yikes! Like I mentioned in my last posts I’ve been swamped with work but that should not be an excuse right?
One thing I don’t compromise when I’m swamped with work is my health. I always make time to eat healthy and go to the gym. That’s non-negotiable. If I don’t eat healthy (okay, 90% of time time) and don’t workout then I would be one very cranky woman!
I’ve been making these pancakes for over a year now almost every week and I’m still not tired of them. One of my fitness friends (Ila where are you?) turned me onto this recipe and I’ll be forever thankful! The beauty of these pancakes is they’re so easy to make and so healthy! I mean they don’t taste like your traditional pancakes made with white flour but heck they sure do the job and satisfy your sweet tooth and they’re ab friendly too
- 40 grams (or ½ cup) oatmeal
- 6 egg whites
- 90 grams pumpkin pure (about ¼ cup)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp pumpkin spice
- a splash of vanilla extract
- Grind the oatmeal first by using a coffee grinder, magic bullet or a blender (I used the magic bullet)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend again.
- Set a non stick pan to medium heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Cook each side for about a minute.
- Depending on the size of your pan it could make from 3 large pancakes to 5 smaller ones like mine.
These calories are for the entire batch of pancakes whether they come out 4 or 5 since it all depends on the size of your pancake.